Custodian – Oregon Zoo
Position Title: Custodian – Oregon Zoo
Deadline to apply: April 26, 2018 @ 5:00 pm, PDT
Salary: $15.68 hourly
This is a temporary position. Temporary positions are limited to a maximum of 1040 hours per 12 month period. This position is expected to work for the 2018 Spring/Summer seasons.
Do you belong at the zoo? Are you looking to work in a fun environment? Do you have a positive attitude, enjoy providing customer service to guests from around the country and the world who represent many backgrounds? Would you enjoy working with co-workers who represent the diversity that the Portland community provides? And, do you thrive on having a variety of job functions to perform? If you would thrive in this type of work environment and could imagine arriving at the workplace each day to be greeted by a mountain goat at the entrance to a world class animal and wildlife conservation facility, the Oregon Zoo may be a perfect workplace for you.
If you have a strong commitment to customer service and a positive attitude, consider applying for the Custodial Crew at the Oregon Zoo. You'll be working in a positive, fun environment at Portland's most visited attractions while building your resume with skills in customer service, teamwork and leadership. Schedules are based on weather and zoo attendance, but we try to find shifts around your school and work schedule.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Operations staff enjoy benefits like free admission to the zoo for you and your family as well as admission and parking at Metro parks like Blue Lake park. The zoo also participates in the Reciprocal Employee Attraction Pass, offering admission to 15 area attractions as well!
• Any satisfactory equivalent combination of post-high school work experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Shifts will include early mornings or later evenings
Requires the ability to:
• Deal courteously with the public and to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and the public
• Work independently and part of a team
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Walk, stand and work on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time
• Work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance
• Perform routine clean-up tasks. work irregular hours, including holidays, evenings and weekends
• Push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Work in a safe manner and follow Metro safety policies, practices and procedures
• Fulfill Metro's employee values of public service, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation and sustainability
• Perform all essential duties of the position.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.