Resident Services Coordinator (RSC)
Northwest Housing Alternatives is hiring a Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) to join a team working to link affordable housing tenants to services and resources. The RSC provides information and referral services, creates partnerships with community service organizations, and organizes trainings, information sessions, and social activities on-site in an effort to foster cohesive communities and help residents remain stable in their housing.
NHA seeks an independent, energetic self-starter with a strong desire to work with a variety of populations including seniors, families, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. This RSC position will be based at NHA’s office in Milwaukie, and provide services to seven properties in Washington, Multnomah, Clackamas, and Jackson counties. This property assignment includes Pomeroy Place, a recently opened 20-unit property which houses veterans and their families. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) that will require quarterly travel to Medford. This position requires a flexible schedule involving occasional evening or weekend hours depending on programs and activities.
NHA offers a great work environment and an opportunity to work with a group of committed and passionate employees just seven miles south of downtown Portland. The salary range for this position is $18-$20 per hour depending on directly applicable experience. NHA provides a full range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
• Excellent health coverage through Kaiser
Permanente, including multiple medical
and dental plan options; NHA contributes
100% of the cost of coverage for the
employee each year, plus an additional
$250/month if the employee adds
dependents. Alternative care and vision
• 7% match after the first year of
employment for our 403(b) plan with T.
• Generous vacation and sick leave.
• Flexible work schedule.
• 4 weeks of paid parental leave.
• Establish contact with current tenants
and welcome new residents. Explain the RS
program and the RSC role in providing
information and support in helping
tenants to access local resources.
• Identify, assess, select, develop and
manage referral partnerships with local
social service and resource agencies to
effectively help residents achieve their
• Provide information and referral to
residents when residents or agencies
• Determine community needs to plan,
organize and implement on-site trainings,
information sessions and social
activities based on tenant input and
• Coordinate with property and asset
management staff on issues relating to
resident behavior and welfare, and
project stability. Offer links to
referral support when needed to maintain
• Develop and maintain effective
relationships with RS program volunteers
to support volunteer recruitment and
involvement in providing and coordinating
activities for children and adults.
• Track and measure program progress.
Maintain data on requests for services,
services provided and participation in RS
program events and activities. Analyze
outcomes data to continually develop the
• Build supportive professional
relationships with tenants that help them
enhance the quality of their lives and
encourage them as they work toward self-
• Help Identify and attract new resources
to fund the Resident Services department.
• Work independently and in partnership
with other RS staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A Bachelor’s degree in social science or
similar area, or a combination of
education and field experience.
• Professional experience in Resident
Services, social services or affordable
• Knowledge of veterans’ benefits and VA
• Professional mental health experience
• Passionate about helping people overcome
• Strong organizational and interpersonal
• Ability to communicate well with people
of all different ages and walks of life
• Skilled at working concurrently with
people from different groups (program
beneficiaries, agency staff, property
managers, social service providers,
• Independent, self-starter, creative and
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule,
including occasional evenings and
• Valid driver license, good driving record
and own reliable transportation with
• Computer skills including Word and Excel
Northwest Housing Alternatives is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.