Concert and Event Security Officers – Oregon Zoo
Position Title: Concert and Event Security Officers – Oregon Zoo
Deadline to apply: May 18, 2018 @ 5:00 pm, PDT
Salary: $16.68 hourly
Multiple temporary positions available. Schedules are event driven and primarily follow the Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts and special events schedules.
Concert and Event Security Officers perform security duties primarily during concerts and other special events at the Oregon Zoo. Assists in managing large crowds; assists with medical and police and enforces all rules, regulations and laws.
Note: The person in this position is required to possess an unarmed certification with the Oregon Department of Public Safety and Standard Training (DPSST certification).
Security staff enjoy benefits like free admission to the zoo for you and your family as well as admission and parking at Metro parks like Blue Lake and Oxbow park. The zoo also participates in the Reciprocal Employee Attraction Pass, offering admission to 15 area attractions as well!
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• High school diploma, or GED
• Six months of responsible experience in providing security; or any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill and ability required for successful performance of the essential job duties.
• Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certification.
• Requires possession of a DPSST certification.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Possession of a valid driver's license
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.