Washington County, OR
Washington County, OR
Job DescriptionJob Title: Driver FLSA: Hourly “Non-Exempt”
Reports to: Manager of Community Outreach
The Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality, culturally appropriate healthcare to low-income residents of Washington and Yamhill Counties with a special emphasis on seasonal and migrant farm-workers and to others with barriers to receiving health-care.
Job Summary: The role of the Driver is to provide transportation for VGMHC patients and the medical team during the summer months Camp Program. The Driver is part of the of Outreach team. The Driver is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of VG vehicles. This position also serves as a backup Courier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the transportation of patients to and from referral sites
- Responsible for the transportation of medical team to and from camp
- Responsible for keeping the maintenance schedule for the vehicle on a daily basis (i.e. cleaning out vehicle, refueling, checking air, oil and all other basic fluids)
- Responsible for the upkeep of the vehicles on a daily basis (i.e. cleaning out vehicle, refueling, checking air, oil, and all other basis fluids
- Assist with providing education and information about medical and health services both individually and in the community; health fairs, schools, cultural events and other community settings
- Keep vehicle on a “to go” basis at all times
- Expected to keep calendar – schedule of transportation needs
- Needs to coordinate transportation requirements with the Outreach Worker and medical teams
- Assist outreach workers as needed in registering, calling in referrals, etc.
- Provide courier service to all VG clinics as needed
- Assist the Outreach team
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
The driver will have access to PHI in the course of his/her duties. The driver uses PHI to schedule patients, transport patients and charts to the correct location for consultations or diagnostic procedures. Applying the minimum necessary standard of HIPAA, the designated record sets to which this employee will have access include: the patient demographics and scheduling functions of the practice management system, and the patient information, progress notes, diagnostic studies, and offsite records sections of the chart.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficiency in English & Spanish.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentially
- Excellent Driving records.
- Must have had driving license five years or more.
- Valid Oregon Drivers License, able to become a part of Center’s insurance policy.
- Proof of liability insurance.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Role model VG’s mission, vision, and shared values
- Listen to the voice of the customer and strive to delight them by exceeding their expectations
- If someone needs help, help them
- Be innovative, apply fresh ideas, and continuously improve how you do your work
- Maintain strict confidentiality and respect the privacy of others
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and stewardship in all encounters at work
- Demonstrate consideration and appreciation for co-workers and patients
- Demonstrate the ability to convey thoughts and ideas as well as understand perspective of others
Percentage of time spent
- Standing: 10%
- Walking: 10%
- Lifting/Carrying 10%
- Driving/Sitting: 70%
- Physically demanding tasks: Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs. – supplies
- Clinic vehicle
- Telephone: ability to hear and communicate
Staff member must meet immunizations requirements as stated in VGMHC’s immunization policy.
Job description represent a general outline of the essential and major job duties, functions and qualifications required. They cannot be all-inclusive and comprehensive due to the dynamic nature of work performed to accomplish VGMHC’s Mission.
VGMHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges. The policy applies not only to recruitment and hiring practices, but also includes affirmative action in the area of placement, promotion, transfer, rate of pay and termination.