Full-Time and Part-Time caregiver
Portland Metropolitan Area, OR
Portland Metropolitan Area, OR
Full-Time and Part-Time caregiver opportunities available
Are you looking to make a difference in another person's life? The team at Bethesda all move toward the same goal of helping those with intellectual or developmental disabilities achieve a better life. Come join us as a Direct Support Professional, where everyone has a chance to grow and help others do the same! We continually seek people with giving hearts, patient minds and creative spirits to join Team Bethesda.
What you'll be doing:
• Providing support to people by assisting in the development and implementation of all support plans
• Providing interaction and choices for activities that support a meaningful day
• Assisting people with daily needs and helping them achieve personal goals/desires as well as independence in activities of daily living
• Assisting with information gathering for Personal Outcome Measures, and other assessments
• Assisting people with maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly home by following safety and infection control procedures
• Documenting and reporting routine and unusual events in a concise, understandable, and legible manner
• Assisting people with fiscal management while safeguarding their funds. This may include completing ledgers, reconciling accounts and assisting people with spending choices
What we want to see from you:
• High school graduate or equivalent and be 18 years of age or older.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record in last 3 years
• Must be willing to undergo a background check and drug test as defined by regulations and policies
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Ability to stand, bend and lift objects and/or persons daily.
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours at a time.
• Must possess good verbal, reading, and written communication in English; basic math skills; and basic computer skills.
• Ability and willingness to successfully complete and apply training.
• Must be certified to be free of communicable diseases by a physician (post-employment physical).
• Flexibility with respect to hours of work and changing conditions.
What would make you stand out:
• Previous experience with people with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities
• Work history with applicable, relatable experience
What we offer you in return:
A fulfilling opportunity to get paid to help others!
Benefits package (for those working 30+ hours a week) that includes:
• Medical and dental options
• Vision discounts
• Tuition reimbursement
• Generous paid time off
• Company-paid life insurance
• Supplemental insurance
• 403(b) retirement plan with up to 3% match
Also, ask about our referral program if you get hired! You can get extra $$$ just for getting another person a job at Bethesda. Ask for more details from a Bethesda employee.
In addition to this job post, please go to: http://careers.bethesdalutherancommunities.org/evergreen-posting/direct-service-provider/and apply for this great opportunity to be a part of Bethesda. Thank you!