Virginia Garcia-Cornelius, OR
- Provide a written plan for garden layout, crop rotation and produce production for both the main 16-week produce distribution period, as well as year-round use in the VGMHC Teaching Kitchen. This entails working with the community/clinic participants to create the garden planting plan.
- Create a quarterly calendar for classes, produce production and special events.
- Facilitate formation of a Garden Club (membership in the garden) and work with participants to identify and attain goals, such as (but not limited to) growing and eating produce year-round; expanding produce literacy; growing medicinal herbs and utilizing herbal remedies; and preserving surplus produce via canning, drying, dehydrating, freezing, etc.
- Develop and present weekly spoken presentations on topics that apply to home gardening. They can vary in length gaging interest (work on making this facilitative and participatory.
- Advertise and recruit participants for Garden Club and weekly home gardening presentations.
- Develop and communicate weekly work task to be completed by member families.
- Coordinate with VGMHC Teaching Kitchen instructors to provide updated written information regarding produce available for use each month.
- Administer youth programming throughout the summer in coordination with local community partners.
- Create and maintain site conditions that are welcoming and encourage participation in garden activities.
- Develop, create, post and maintain signage for the garden, including (but not limited to) garden rules, harvesting guidelines and crop information.
- Maintain garden equipment, supplies, watering system and coverage.
- Keep an inventory of all supplies used in the garden.
- Work with garden participants to raise seedlings for ground level and balcony garden boxes and for patients to use or purchase.
- Provide biweekly status report on garden coordination activities to VGMHC Wellness Center Coordinator.
- Maintain a written log of all activities performed and time spent in execution of this Scope of Work.