Guest Services Worker – Food Services – Oregon Zoo
Position Title: Guest Services Worker – Food Services – Oregon Zoo
Deadline to apply: June 22, 2018 @ 5:00 pm, PDT
Salary: $12.45 - $15.16 hourly
Approximately 32 hours/week (.80 FTE), however, hours may vary and be more or less than 32 hours on a given week. This position is benefits eligible.
The Oregon Zoo has an open position for a Food/Guest Services Workers. These positions require a "can-do" attitude and exceptional customer service skills. Food/Guest Services Workers fill many roles to support guest services including responsibilities in some of the following areas: restaurants, access control, greeting, ticket sales, "Zoomer" (golf cart driving), ushering and staffing for special events and attractions. Food/Guest Services Workers may work in a variety of positions including cooks, prep cooks (basic), baristas, bussers/runners, dishwashers, cashiers, bartenders, admissions ticket seller, special events staff, ushering, ticket taking and train station support. All positions require continuous and positive interactions with guests and staff.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• High school diploma or GED certificate or sufficient education to demonstrate the ability to read instructions and perform routine math with accuracy
• At least one year of customer service experience in a public setting
• We are a seven day a week operation. Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings, days and late evenings
• Staff assigned to Food and Beverage work areas must be at least 21 years of age and have ability to obtain an Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) Alcohol Services Permit at the time of employment
• Any combination of education or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the classification duties and responsibilities.
• Experience preparing and/or serving quick food specialty items
• Cashiering experience
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.