Operations/Warehouse Worker – Oregon Zoo
Position Title: Operations/Warehouse Worker – Oregon Zoo
Deadline to apply: April 26, 2018 @ 5:00 pm, PDT
Salary: $15.68 hourly
These are temporary positions. Temporary positions are limited to a maximum of 1040 hours per 12 month period.
Do you belong at the zoo? If you have a strong commitment to teamwork, customer service and approach work with a positive attitude, consider applying for a temporary Operations/Warehouse Worker position at the Oregon Zoo. You'll be working in a positive, fun environment at Portland's most visited attraction while building your resume with skills in teamwork, leadership and customer service. Schedules are based on weather and zoo attendance, but we try to accommodate for shifts around your existing schedule(s).
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Operations staff enjoy benefits like free admission to the zoo for you and your family as well as admission and parking at Metro parks like Blue Lake Park. The zoo also participates in the Reciprocal Employee Attraction Pass, offering admission to 15 area attractions as well!
• Any satisfactory equivalent combination of post-high school work experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Must be able to obtain a Multnomah County food handler's permit at the time of employment
• Must be able to obtain a OLCC license at the time of employment
• Must be available to work both early morning and some evening shifts.
Requires the ability to:
• Deal courteously with the public and to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and the public
• Work independently and part of a team
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Walk, stand and work on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time
• Work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance
• Perform routine clean-up tasks. work irregular hours, including holidays, evenings and weekends
• Push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds occasionally
• Work in a safe manner and follow Metro safety policies, practices and procedures
• Fulfill Metro's employee values of public service, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation and sustainability
• Perform all essential duties of the position
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.